The month of August was pretty eventful in my life, lots of pretty awesome things happened, so here’s a recap:
1. I went to Texas in early August to attend the Declare Conference, which is basically a conference for christian women bloggers. It was a really great experience and I learned a lot during the sessions they held (from social media to advanced photography).
2. I started officially dating my best friend. He’s pretty cute. ♥ Follow him on twitter, he’s really funny as well: @tyleraturner
3. I started classes at my new university! And I officially received my associate’s degree in arts from the community college I transferred from (it’s the best way to save money in college). My major, at the moment, is advertising, but I’m hoping to change it to electronic communications because I would love to go into broadcasting.
4. I started co-leading a small group at my church’s youth group for upper classmen highschool girls again this semester, and it was been pretty great so far. I’m excited to work with some other awesome leaders as well.
Not so Great in August:
1. This really bad cold/cough thing that I’ve had for a month now. Finally going to the doctor tomorrow.
Some of My Favorite Music of the Month:
1. The Love Club ep by Lorde – This girl is insanely talented and I have been addicted to this ep. Cannot wait for a full-length album.
2. The Great Divide by Stella Stagecoach. Some favorite tracks are High Above & First Times
3. A Belle to Remember by Hayley Kiyoko. Favorite tracks are Rich Youth & A Belle to Remember
4. Drew Holcomb and the Neighbors
5. A Tidal Wave of Mystery by Capital Cities.
Favorite TV shows:
1. So You Think You Can Dance – totally rooting for Aaron and Jasmine to win!
2. Pretty Little Liars – okay, lets not even mess.. I know this show is lame, but I read the books in high school and it’s kinda addicting.
Favorite Book (and only book I had time to read):
I’ve Got Your Number by Sophie Kinsella – basically anything written by this woman is amazing in my opinion. She’s hilarious and I love her writing style. The storyline of this book is really cute as well.
That’s it! Let me know if you like this kind of post in the comments!