Every year I come up with an unnecessarily long list of resolutions for the new year, and this year is no different. In fact, I think I probably have more resolutions this year and in the past.
I’ve shortened my list to the top 10 (I know, I know… 10?!). In the video below I only listed my top 5, so make sure you check that out as well!
1. Be healthier – I know this is probably the most “popular” resolution out there, but I decided that it’s important. This past year hasn’t been the best health-wise because of being busy with school and everything else, but this year the plan is to eat healthier, drink more water and work out more.
2. Write More – I love to write. I know I’m not the best but for me writing isn’t about being the best or impressing anyone (unless it’s a paper for a class… in which case, I’m all about trying to get a high grade), so I’ve decided that it’s time for me to write more this year. And you know what they say: practice makes perfect.
3. Move out! – I have been wanting to move out for a long time and this year I plan on making that a reality. I have boxes full of Christmas decorations and measuring cups… I think it’s time. Plus, the reason I haven’t moved out yet is because I’m paying for tuition and my textbooks, which are both ridiculously expensive and I’ve needed to save money. Which brings me to my next resolution…
4. Stop spending so much money and save more – I’m currently searching for shopaholic anonymous as we speak… need I say more?
5. Be crafty-er – I want to take time this year to pick up a new craft or make more time to be more creative.
6. Get an internship – I’m currently a Junior in college and I really need/want to get an internship this summer. I’m a broadcast major, so I’m hoping to find an internship with a news broadcasting company… that would be fantastic.
7. Read more – I just want to take more time to read more books. I love reading and I think it would be so beneficial to take more time to read this year.
8. Be more organized – I’ll admit, I’m already a pretty organized person. I have a spot for everything in my room and I make lists for everything, but because of year and various activities keeping my room clean and organized sometimes falls to the back-burner and this year I want to take more time to make sure my space is organized because it would decrease so much stress and a clean room just generally makes me happier.
9. Take trips – This past year I didn’t do much traveling (which is one of my absolute favorite things), so this year I hope to travel… no matter if it’s 2 hours away or 24.
And last but not least 10. Stress less – I get really stressed way too often and this year I’m really hoping I can learn how to keep calm and carry on (hah. See what I did there?). I know learning how to not stress out is difficult… trust me. I’m the first to admit that I unnecessarily stress about stupid things often and I’m a bit of a control freak so it frustrates me when I don’t know what’s going to happen and nothing is planned out. So this year I plan on trying to figure out how to not make a big deal about silly things and not stress and in the words of Bobby McFerrin “don’t worry, be happy.“
And there it is, my extremely long list of my 2014 resolutions! Let me know what your top New Year resolution is in the comments!